|In 2002, "e" inc. founder, Dr. Ricky Stern, became focused on three questions:
"How can we best give adults and children a scientific understanding of Earth's natural systems?"
In June 2002, "e" inc. was founded. Our goal? To inspire lifetime citizen conservationists.
"How can this deeper understanding lead people to care about and then protect Earth's species and habitats?"
"How can this deeper understanding engage Americans to conserve and, thus, sustain our planet's assets?"
To accomplish this, "e" inc. is:
- Producing community-based residency programs that employ "e" inc.
curriculums, dynamic teaching tools, and supported action projects
at every partner site.
- Building short-term action teams that tackle projects to counter
local and global conservation challenges.
- Creating an environmental learning center for the public. This
site will be devoted to natural resource subjects and committed
to each visitor's understanding of
(1) the science that underpins our world, and
(2) the actions
they can take to sustain it.
- Delivering Global Warming Workshops to schools and communities
that engage children and adults in the basic science underlying
this all-important challenge and results in in-school/home projects
to significantly cut carbon emissions.